Sunday, May 17, 2015

TEARS AND SMILES




















(The pendulum of life oscillates between them even after a Nuclear War)

I could feel the warmth of tears around
When the dust of annihilation subsides
I felt the stickiness of blood and sweat
I could hear the cries of pain and loss

When I met you down the lane, my child
My hands were numb to embrace you
I could not move my fingers to thee
To wipe your tears mixed with blood

There was this doll, though half burnt
I picked up and offered to console you
You cuddled it with your broken fingers
Then wiped the dirt from its face

The waves of feeling couldn't be held
From thee dirty but once cute face
You regained a light of care in your eyes
But behind that light I spot darkness

I saw the wave of fear in your eyes
For you saw the mushroom of sin
Sin which wiped your smiles forever
Sin which stole the breath of thy kin

One way, let’s be positive, child
The leftovers won’t be fighting on creed
The color of skin and faith thy believe
Won’t be shedding blood any more

Let me walk the long miles ahead
Holding thy little hand in mine
For we have to reach the horizon
To inhale the freshness of a new dawn.

No comments:

Click Here To add Comment

Post a Comment

Blogger Widgets