Sunday, January 6, 2013

LAMENT BY THE SEA


"Every eye has tears ... every heart has pain and love.. The eternal feelings!!
Tears can be called tears when it originates from heart...."

 
I was on the dusky seashore
On the silky sands lined with surf
Cold of dusk was felt on numb feet
Like the shock of an electric eel
Salinity was breath in the air
Salt got on to the corners of eyes
Where it burnt on the soft tissues
Started to mix with the wetness there
The burning began to haze my eyes  
Eyes where you dwell, when it began
You were always there in my eyes
But never knew of thee being there
You were always there in my eyes
Be it when I sleep or awake
Be it a light of day or dark night
Glancing me through those black wide eyes
With a smile half in pain and joy
Hiding the deep set sorrows in you
You smiled for me to end my demise
You smiled for me to wing my dreams
Yet I could not contain you there
For I was selfish and brutal in love
I never knew the true meaning of love
For I thought love to be chaining thyself
The soreness rise in the corner of eyes
Mixing of salt with the wetness there
Felt the tears on my cheek and then chin
I started to cry in a silent pain
Tears magically cures the pain
Tears wipe out the stains on mind
I never knew it until I cried
When I cried, I fathomed the truth
The whites of my eyes turned into red
The hazy vision now gaining correct
Can see the horizon in ocher finish
Can see the seagull high flying for nest
Now I am looking through thy eyes
Deep black eyes those shines through tears
The sparkly wide eyes that belong to thee
Forever there I feel pain and tears…

5 comments:

  1. beauty itself are the beaches and backwaters of kerala known, unknown is the solitude, unknown the meloncholy, well written are these stanzas, about loves miseries, expressed by the eyes, the salted water of oceans, the the saline tears of the eye, well written dear poet, such a lovely tribute, to eyes the ocean of feelings,which are hanging to the thin layer of the skin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for your appreciation and encouraging words. Expect sincere reviews from you on all my works.. thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece, directly from the soul, tuchy an dsentimental

    ReplyDelete

  4. "Now I am looking through thy eyes
    Deep black eyes those shines through tears
    The sparkly wide eyes that belong to thee
    Forever there I feel pain and tears"
    beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  5. eyes not only speaks about the love and pain........there are many hoodwinker which need to identified rather than jumping into it with eyes closed,

    just a comment.....

    ReplyDelete